Friday, April 13, 2007

Who's Your Daddy?


“When I cry out to you, Then my enemies will turn back; This I know, because God is for me (Psalm 56:9).”

Have you ever had a Scripture verse come alive to you? Perhaps you’re sitting there, doing your daily Bible reading (which I hope you do every day!). All of a sudden as you read a specific passage, the words seem to jump out of the page and come right into your heart.

That happened to me one day when I read the above Scripture from Psalms. I was actually in the mountainous country of Honduras, visiting my friend and preaching in his father’s churches. I had probably read this verse 50 times before, but that day God spoke to me in a life-giving way through this Scripture.

“This I know, because God is for me.” When David wrote this Psalm, he knew that God was on his side, and he knew that because of that his enemies would have to flee. He did not “doubt” that God was for him; he did not “hope” that God was for him; he did not “think” that God was for him. He “knew” it. As Christians, we need to have this same faith and confidence as David had.

Too often, we struggle and wonder if God is really for us. Perhaps you’re going through a difficult time and you begin to doubt God, or you doubt if God really loves you. The enemy tries to make us doubt our standing in God, but don’t give into his lies.

As a child of God, you have the assurance that He will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). His thoughts toward you are good (Jeremiah 29:11). He works all things together for your benefit (Romans 8:28). All of these Scriptures don’t mean that you’ll never have a difficulty, and they don’t mean that God will never punish you if you sin. But they do mean that in everything, God has your best interests in mind. He always wants you to be victorious (2 Corinthians 2:14)!

So never doubt the love of God. Ask God to cause you to “know” that He is with you. After all, if God is for us, who can be against us (Romans 8:31)? No enemy can stand in our way, but they will all have to flee. Victory comes not of ourselves, but through who and what we know. God is on your side, Christian, so stand in the victory He has won.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home